Sunday, February 28, 2010

It was a wet Gold!

Just a quick post about yesterday...
We went to Snowboarding Giant Slalom for Men. We had 3 Canadians in the top 16 after the qualifying round. The most for any country at this point in the competition, so a good chance to make it to the podium. The conditions were brutal and you could barely see the finish line. The fog moved in and out as well at the rain and sleet. Canada ended up winning gold! So the smaller than expected crowd went crazy! We had all stuck it out in the bad weather and it paid off. Just Awesome! 3 days of events and I've seen 4 gold and 1 bronze for Canada!

We are just about to head downstairs to catch a bus to the Men's Gold Medal Hockey game. I just know it's going to be insane! This will be one of those gamesthat I'll tell my future kids about when they get older... If Canada wins today this will probably be the most important hockey game in Canadian hockey history... I'm sitting in my hotel room on the 10th floor with the TV on and I can still hear people on the streets cheering and getting excited. So that means it time to go! This is a thrill of a lifetime and I wish you were with me to see it. And I do mean "you", I'm talking to every single Canadian!

Go Canada Go!





No comments:

Post a Comment