Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bringing Home Gold!


I'm sitting in Pearson International Airport in Toronto on my way to Vancouver for the Olympics! My hands are shaking with excitement about going.

I've always dreamed about going to an Olympics, but to finally get the chance to go in Canada is beyond what I've ever dreamed about! On Boxing Day this past Christmas, I found out I had a chance to attend the winter games when my brother asked me to go with him. Since February 12th I've been glued to the TV taking in the whole experience watching as much as I could. Sitting on the edge of my seat every time Canada has a chance at a medal. Learning about the athletes stories and becoming invested in their chance at Gold!

We have tickets to 1 or 2 events each day which include Gold Medal Tickets to Men's Hockey! & Closing Ceremonies! A lot is riding on tonight's game against Russia not only for Team Canada but for my Olympic Experience... :-) Seeing Canada play for Gold on Canadian soil is beyond belief!

I will be posting photos and updates about my experience all weekend to share with my friends and family. One regret about this trip is that I can't share it with the women of my dreams, my wife Cassandra. I will do my best to document it with photos and video to share with her and everyone else.

To close out my first post, my goal with this Blog is not only to share this Olympic weekend with everyone but when I return I plan to post updates about my website: www.dennisbarnes.com and any photographic adventures I'm having or been on. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I'll be posting a lot about Canada Bringing Home Gold!

Cheers,
Dennis

4 comments:

  1. Hey there: Can't wait to see all the exciting things you see. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first post, looking forward to seeing & hearing all about your Olympic experiences

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...it has been a truly wonderful Olympic games.
    You and Tim are so fortunate to have seen it first hand.
    Your photos have given us a chance to get a whole new view from a spectators eye.
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis it has been a real treat following your blog...love the adventures, the comments and of course the photos.
    Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete