Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gripped has 2...

If you get a chance run out and grab the latest copy of Gripped Magazine (April\May 2010). I have 2 photos published in this issue! Chapters, Indigo, MEC all should have this issue out today or tomorrow.

Gus Alexandropoulos wrote up a really nice article about Sport Climbing in Ontario. The article also introduces a new climbing crag "The Swamp" to the masses! Should be a fun summer sending some new routes there!

My First photo is on the second page of the Ontario Sport climbing article, page 22/23. It's a 1 1/2 page photo of my good friend Aaron Brouwers at the climbing crag Old Baldy on a route called Christina's World 5.12d. Aaron and I had spend a few days climbing at Old Baldy last summer were I was able to send a few 5.12 projects and tick some new 12's. Aaron had worked on Christina's World 1 or 2 days when I was with him and he was getting really close to sending. I ended up driving the 2 hours up to Old Blady after work to get sunset photo's of Aaron on the route. He ended up sending the route earlier in the day but took some victory laps on it so I could get some photos! Thanks Aaron! It paid off, now you mug is in the mags!

Click on the image below to see it large...


The other photo is near the back of the issue in a photography specific section called "Northern Exposures" I was really excited to find out it was a full 2 page photo! I took this in March on 2008 in Buttermilks, Bishop, California! We were just wrapping up our session and I noticed the guy in the photo was going to do the V0 super highball Problem on the Grampa Peabody boulder. I ran a grabbed a few different angles of him climbing...


Check out a few others from Old Baldy and Bishop here

Stay tuned for my first cover photo coming soon!

Cheers, I'm going climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment